Tuesday, July 13, 2004

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Flood havoc mounts in South Asia

Have you heard?

Flood havoc mounts in South Asia

I wish I could help everyone. Right now I'm trying to fundraise w/my church for a church family whose air conditioning unit went out. It's impossible to live w/out a/c in South Louisiana, especially this summer. They have an elderly woman and a 7month old baby. The baby is already covered in heat rash. I hope people will meet my donation so we can help them out quickly.

But I feel bad that I can't do anything for just one of these families who are living on top of a straw roof, or the dogs of the soldiers guarding the borders that have to swim instead of walk w/their owners.

It also exasperates me that no one over here really knows about it, nor cares. Please tell me it's just a South Louisiana thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home