Saturday, September 24, 2005

Thank you FEMA

For giving my husband and I something we were in desperate need of.

And thank you Wachovia Bank for taking away those nasty fees once I told them we were in the hurricane.

Now if I can just get my car insurance company and Sallie Mae on the ball. I just have to remind them I don't live in Virginia anymore, and I might get a needed grace period for paying those bills.

By the way - Survived Rita. Lots of wind and rain, downed limbs, knocked over things, somehow still managed to rain inside the kitchen (but not as much as with Katrina) through the patched up hole (from the Katrina - tree incident), blew more insulation around the house and forced open a door and flooded the sunroom (but it's dry now). Thanks Rita for not bringing down another tree on the house.

My aunts are throwing me a baby shower in Jackson, Mississippi this coming Saturday. I'd be more excited if I actually knew people in Jackson anymore. So, it will be my 3 aunts who live in Jackson, my grandmother, Pete, and my one friend from childhood who still lives there and keeps in touch. Big shower. I am touched though that they're throwing me one. I've been worried that I wouldn't get one at all since all of my friends are placed so randomly throughout the country and world. And of course, what new mom doesn't need baby presents?!?

(I'm registered at target.com and babiesrus.com by the way)