Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Just a quickie

I just wanted to add that I'm feeling much better (mentally, certainlly not physically) since I wrote that long worried paranoid pregnancy hormonal post. DH and I had a few gift cards that we took on a shopping trip the next day, and although we couldn't get much, I felt much better just doing a little baby shopping. Then we went home, washed our new baby clothes and I ironed all of them, even the burp rags (which are just cloth diapers) and receiving blankets. Is that nesting? I don't even iron my own clothes.

The bad news is that although my blood sugars have been very low and normal lately, the doctor wants to put me on insulin. So today we're off to another diabetic education appointment where I'll learn how to give myself shots. Don't even know how often I'll have to do it. I have a hard time just pricking my finger four times a day to check my blood, who knows how I can manage this. Think my mom would mind me stopping by her work everyday to give me the shot? Yeah, I didn't think that would work. Darnit.

It is getting cooler here and it is weather where I need to wear a coat or jacket. Unfortunately I put off buying a maternity one and now have nothing warm to wear. I think we may try to find an oversized men's pullover or something at the outlet mall on sale, even though we still can't really afford that. Still, I love this weather, and it has immediately put me in good spirits - such good spirits that I don't even mind going out and walking the dogs in this weather. Not that I've done it yet, but I have thought about it!

Off to the appointment.