Monday, June 19, 2006

Gainfully Employed

Just a little update - my temp $8 an hour job was the foot in the door I needed. Two weeks later and I'm on day one of a higher paying, with benefits, permanent job with these people. Granted it's still in the same agency as my last job down here, but different division. It's good though that I can just walk down the street during lunch and have lunch w/the girls from my old office. I did miss them and their good goss. By my birthday in Sept we'll all be in the same building, we move in August and they do on my birthday, so that'll be fun!

While I was pregnant I was sure I'd want to be a stay at home mom. After having Toby I thought I did then as well... 6 months later and I was dying to get out of the house and back to work. I do miss him but I don't envy my husband's job of taking care of him and the house and our pacifier business while I get rest at work. I get to have lunch, take my time and go to the bathroom when I need to, and talk to real adults about non baby stuff in non baby speak.

And the best part - I'm getting out of the house! And I have a reason to not wear pajamas all day.

I also really do appreciate my time with Toby more. I don't see it as a chore anymore. Phew.

The fun stuff is over on his blog, or here www.dropshots.com/adspencer