Monday, June 07, 2004

Why are Mondays such Mondays?

DH and I are house-sitting the nice couple/golden retriever's house w/the pool. I received my first lesson in pool cleaning via mobile, while Maxie the Golden took a swim, making sure that she would be the next item on my list to clean. That part hasn't been done yet, perhaps tonight after homechurch. It has been a lovely time away from the parents' house, mostly because we have a low maintenance dog (she just wants lovin' and won't tackle you or give you bruised ribs to get it - and she can be left on her own or without constant supervision), and the best part is that we can cook dinner, eat it together in peace and not have to immediately make the kitchen sparkly-sparkly before we do anything else. There's something very peaceful about being able to leave dishes in the kitchen sink overnight. There's also something peaceful about not hearing any type of sarcastic "Boy you'd make a great housewife, better quit your job" type of comments about my cleaning daily.

Before I go on, I must make it clear. We love being able to live in a house and not have to worry about paying rent, we love my parents for their generosity and kindness. We're very grateful. At the same time, however, it is nice to get away from that burden and feeling constantly guilty about what part of their lives are we interfering with. It's a true blessing to be able to get away, housesit and spend proper husband/wife time together.

The season premiere of Coupling was on last night on BBCAmerica. BBCA isn't the best channel, as it's still showing a Parkinson interview of Posh and Becks from two years ago, and every other show is Ground Force or Keeping Up Appearances (what do they think Americans like?); however, it shows greatness every now and then, and Coupling is one of those great, great shows. I just love the wit and humor involved. Americans ruined the chance to show it on network television here by taking the exact script and putting American actors in it, they ruined it so badly that it didn't even last two episodes. Why? Why couldn't they have just used the exact formula and episodes of the brit actors? Are we so overly patriotic that we can't listen to other accents? Can't we not be so proud and just admit - some british humor is better than ours? I hear that they're doing the same with The Office. I just don't get that, especially after The Office won all the Golden Globes. Shouldn't that say something? Anyway, love Coupling. The first episode of the third season wasn't as great as the others, but I still loved it. Highly recommend it.

DH and I's post-Alpha homechurch bible study class is tonight. We're completely leading it this time. Rather, I'm completely leading it and dragging DH along who is wonderfully obliging. He's in charge of the worship bit (the part where we sing praise songs before doing anything b/c it helps get rid of the day's stresses from our minds). I don't feel that we're completely ready, but I hope that people will enjoy it and come back for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home