Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Pride Swallowing

College reunion is next year. Makes me feel old and unsuccessful. I haven't even had my high school reunion yet. I'm four years out of college, Bachelor's degree in hand, and measly secretary's salary in the other. Definitely something I want to show off next year.

I can't think of the point of these reunions except to brag and build our pride. Who has the better job, who got through law/medical school, who has the Master's/PhD, and who is that sweeping the sidewalk...is that...why yes it is... it's Ashley!

I've only accomplished one thing so far, getting the knight in shining armor. I've found the soulmate, made him my life partner, and I have no worries of finding him in 5 years in bed w/his secretary. I've found one of the few real men out there. It's slim pickin's for the real men, I had to import mine.

Not that I want to rub my DH in everyone's faces...I just don't have the job to be proud of, so what else could I do? I married for love, not financial security as most of the girls have, or have vowed to do. I can't talk about vacations on the yacht, or even the parents' or in-law's yacht; nor would I want to. I suppose the only thing to do is to bring the DH and make 'em sick by the way we act together. It works for us in public places here. We have people in church yelling "get a room!".

I thought I had a point somewhere but it looks as if I don't. I just feel unsuccessful. All those big career dreams, being the boss, the writer, or somehow the money-maker just hasnt' happened. I see some jobs in VA that I would like to apply for, they're not money-makers but at least I won't be in Baton Rouge. Still waiting on DH to take the insurance test so we can see if this career is for him. I don't mind putting my career on hold for him, as long as he does his part...which we're still waiting on. But I love him, he loves me, and we're as happy as pigs in shit when we're together. I do need to talk to him about doing the laundry though. His househusband duties have lacked a little since he's teaching Vacation bible school to children for half a day.

Boss has me typing out her rolodex of 12 years into a Word file. It's oh so fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home