Friday, December 09, 2005

1 week old Toby

Just wanted to share some pics of Toby, they're over on DH's blog.

Still recovering. Abdominal surgery isn't easy to recover from, especially if you're large-abdominally challenged such as myself. I'm so glad I have DH though. He has spent every waking hour helping Toby and I, and will even stay up all night with Toby just to let me sleep no matter how much I try to send him to bed (well, both of them).

The Bfeeding is going... well, we're still trying. I really want this to work, I feel like my body is failing my son if I can't get it to work. And I hate those formula diapers and burp-ups. Yuck!

Saw the pediatrician yesterday, Toby is back up to 9lbs, 5oz. He had gone down to 8lbs, 15oz while in the hospital. Still a bit jaundiced but the ped isn't too worried about it. We have another appointment on Monday to check his weight again to see how the bfeeding is going. I love our pediatrician. She remembered little details about us from the hospital, and came to check on Toby and I everyday while we were in the hospital. She also let me have a room to feed him in (which went well, the only successful bfeeding moment in the past two days, sigh) because he was getting hungry while she was checking him.

Go over and see the photos. He's just precious...and so is DH. I've fallen in love with him all over again just from seeing him be a perfect Daddy to our boy.