Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Am I old yet?

Yeah so, sorry for not updating. I'm on a new vow to update this regularly again. Place your bets now on how long that will last. Answers on a postcard please.

Have this new job. Started as a temp and applied for a real position a week later, another week and I'm on the state's payroll in social services again, but in the IT dept. IT nerd = me. I guess. I'm not really doing the IT stuff, I'm doing purchasing, contracts, requisitions, inventory and property control. But I work with the IT nerds, and I have to admit - I like IT nerdom. It enthralls me. That is my dirty little secret for the month. Stay tuned...

Lately I've been taking a tour of doctor's offices.. not really, but I feel like I have with all of my appointments I've had to go to. My body acts like it is pregnant, every symptom that sent me to the doctor last year when I found out we were pregnant with Toby; however my body is telling every test (even blood tests) that I am not. Add to that, a very disturbing high pain in my right side that would lead me to believe would be an ovarian cyst, but it takes 3 different doctors, having blood taken 3 times and having to pee in a multitude of cups, before getting an appointment for an ultrasound to determine what the heck is going on. The ultrasound is tomorrow, the latest doctor I have seen today is stumped as to what is wrong with me. Maybe I'm just fat. Maybe I'm just old. Maybe I'm old and fat. Yeah... old and fat. That's what my gp in England would have said. It was his diagnosis for everything, "You're just fat." Thanks Doc, I had no clue. So what are you thinkin', I need to lose 10-12 lbs and all is cured? (those who really know me might enjoy the sarcasm there... I hope)

And now for your favorite subject - the baby. Toby is crawling, pulling up, "singing", yelling, saying "ah ah ah ah ah babababababa duh duh duh duh da da da da da babababa ah ah ah ah ", usually while banging on something. He loves pots and pans but got bored with them fast. He enjoys more finding a cord and playing with it, "petting" the kitty (which consists of me saying over and over "No Grab, pet... No grab, pet... No grab, pet..." and the kitty being more patient than... well he's just being patient which is unkitty-like. I'd love to chat more about the Tobester who is now 9 months, but it's time to go. More later, I promise! In the meantime recent pics are: www.dropshots.com/adspencer.