Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Oh Moany Moany

I'm sick. Caught the stomach flu from dear old Dad - another reason not to live w/parents, especially when they won't take their vitamins. It all started with what felt like a little too much dairy consumption, but without the successful toilet time if you catch my drift. Include the achiness, chills, hot flashes, and headaches of the flu, and it's "Make Ash feel horrible all week 2004."

Recap: Stomach flu with the nausea and diarrhea cramps, but w/out the satisfaction of relieving those cramps. The worst. Not even bathroom time will cure it.

What's worse is that this makes a perfect opportunity to lose weight - for a normal person. However I'm too far conditioned to never turn down food even when I know it will make me feel ill. The other day I turned down my lunch - no appetite even though my body felt starving. Hours later I felt well enough to have a bowl of ice cream. How does that happen? The ice cream will (and did) make me sick, but I just couldn't say no. A few bites into the bowl changed my mind, but a normal person wouldn't even have thought about making the bowl in the first place. That's the wrath of fat people, folks. Even when our bodies won't accept the food, we eat it anyway. What is it about junk food that makes us think it'll make us feel better? I wouldn't have sniffed at a bowl of chicken broth, but had DH came home with fries, I would've consumed them and dealt with the sickness later. I just don't get it.

Apart from that little problem, I'm also out of sick leave for work. That's the horrible thing about government jobs. When you're sick, you must have enough leave to cover your absence. Since I've only been working here and acquiring leave since February, I only get make about 8 hours of sick leave every month. People who have worked here for years will make 4 days of sick leave every month, but they can't lend any to me. I'm sick with stomach flu, pushing a button in the elevator breaks me out in a sweat, and I almost fainted while standing at the copier - but I have to come to work. I even had to come in early and stay late in order to "earn" more sick leave so that I can go to the doctor sometime. Ugh.

And why does it make an ill person feel better if they moan? What is it about moaning? Even if nobody is around to hear it, I'll moan and groan over feeling ill and feel better just for doing it. Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home