Monday, July 26, 2004

Anyone hiring?

Boss is out sick but managed to call in today and berate me for not telling her where I put some envelopes ready for a mail out before I left work on Friday. I put them exactly where the post office picks them up from the mailroom, but she didn't know to look there. So, boss whose only talent is to place blame, put it on me, my mother who answered the phone when she called my house and didn't know where I was, and me for not giving my boss my cell phone number. I feel like this one thing will be the reason I will not get my raise in August, and probably get me fired. The letters were to inform people who applied for a job that they didn't get it. She thinks if they were mailed out Friday at 6pm, that they would be received at the applicants' houses on Saturday. I've never known US Mail to work so fast before, but whatever. I put them so they could be mailed out. She doesn't believe they were mailed out. My word against hers, she's the boss, I'm the one who won't get a raise and probably needs to look for a new job. Again.

Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe my job? I love my office, my view of the Mississippi River from my window, my co-workers, and the fact that I'm somehow helping Foster children...but can't stand the boss. She has no people skills, only talks to you when she needs to blame somebody, and holds it against me when I'm out sick - even if I have a doctor's note ordering me not to go back to work.

But on top of it all, it's a govt job with great benefits, and a (even if measly) salary. Without it, DH and I would be without health insurance, or any income at all.

I almost would go back to the call center.

Aside from that, DH and I spent 4 hours swimming in a very shaded pool Saturday and I've somehow gotten sun poisoning and a very bad sunburn from that. DH has the burn but his is already healing quickly. It's just mine that likes to annoy. And why is it that the stinky stuff is what I'm supposed to use? Anyone ever enjoyed pouring vinegar all over themselves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home