Tuesday, July 27, 2004

New Ambitions...or Running Away again?

After yesterday's phone bashing from boss, I decided that perhaps it was the hint I needed that my dreams of getting a different job and moving back to Virginia - land of my friends, seasons, and cheaper flights to London - should come true.

The problem is, I'm just not a patient planning person. If it were up to me, I'd pack everything we owned, drove up to VA and got jobs waiting tables until the real job came along. DH is up for it also, but I have this damn thing called a conscience. It has to ruin everything, and remind me just how impossible that seems, and all the other problems that might stem from it. Damn logic. Why should it be so hard? I hear stories of my older colleagues that did the same thing, just at younger ages.

We have no money, one car that will be paid for next year, a bookcase that we actually own, and a fresh chapter 7 bankruptcy stuck to my record for the next 10 years. Actually the most expensive thing I own is my college degree (still paying that off), but the bankruptcy court wouldn't take it. Neither would the flea market. Perhaps I should try Ebay.

So, older and more logical people, give me some advice. I have a list of about 30 jobs I want to apply for, but should I save up money and wait and take the risk of these University jobs being gone...or go now and wing it? What does a young risk-taker do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home