Friday, July 09, 2004

TGIF

I feel obligated to blog since DH hasn't updated his most of the week. We celebrated a lovely Snogversary with dinner, a bike ride, and bubble bath. DH also bought me flowers and chocolates (Hershey Kisses and Hugs) but the dogs managed to eat every single one of them and the foil wrappers and leave hardly any evidence. The parents, who were supposed to be watching the dogs, let them have a free run through the house while they stood outside playing darts. If I leave the room to get something while I'm watching the dogs I'm criticized, but the parents can do what they want. I suppose that's the rule for whoever owns the house. I'm too charmed by DH's efforts to surprise w/the chocolates and flowers to be upset though. I didn't need to eat 'em anyway.

I guess DH and I have started a new exercise trend together with the bicycle riding. Yesterday was the third day in a row where we hopped onto my parents' bikes and cycled through the neighborhood a few times. DH can cycle longer than me, then again he has the easier, faster men's bike and I have my mom's messed up mountain bike where I haven't been able to figure out the gears. My old softball knee injury has come back to haunt me as well. I should get a knee brace for this if I want to keep up w/DH. Anyhow, it's fun and nice to spend time w/him while we cycle. There isn't a television or computer around to take our attention off of each other, and we're getting some good exercise out of it. I know that walking gets more out of you, but cycling is easier on my large unfit body.

I have some bad news. My Dear old Dad had some bloodwork done and the results aren't good. Because of his low white and red blood cell counts, the doc is sending him to an oncologist. He doesn't seem too worried about it, but I'm the worrywart of the family, that's my job. He goes to the oncologist on Tuesday. We'll see what else our family has been given to deal with then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home