Monday, November 01, 2004

All Saints Day

Today is Dia de los muertos. In mexico and some other spanish speaking countries, people take picnics to the cemeteries and eat at the table with their ancestors. They celebrate their dead loved ones and hang w/'em for a lil' bit.

Pete and I had a good day at church Sunday. It's nice to walk into the building and have 20 or so people hug you who geniunely care about you. That's why we go to church. Not b/c we believe you have to go to church to believe in God or be a christian, but it's the fellowship and friends we have made. You let your faith grow by spending time with other christians, and you always come out of it feeling better. It's our therapy, good times with good people. They're not threatening us with being condemned to hell b/c we drink, our past, etc - they're asking if we need anything, giving us advice on our jobs, and supporting us in whatever decisions we make. I love our church family.

After the service we went out for lunch w/Father Victor the Vicar, Chandler the youth minister, his friend, and Maria the music minister. We usually all go out to eat after church together. We went to DeAngelo's pizzeria where I had the yummiest spinach, feta cheese, roasted garlic and sun dried tomato pizza. I don't even like tomatoes but the sun dried tomatoes on that pizza were excellent. When the check came, Father Vic paid for Pete and I, which was a nice surprise. I suppose he knew about my tithe check that bounced last week (oops! it was a lack of communication b/twn DH, me and my bank account).

Pete and I have decided that we need two cars. We originally decided to sell the truck and get two cheap used cars, but my Dad, who is helping us out financially with the situation (since he has excellent credit and we have NO credit or bad credit) thinks we should keep the truck, pay it off with his help, and get Pete a cheap used car. I can't decide what to do. Don't know if I want to have the truck anymore, or a used car. I'm so good at making bad decisions.

I think that's all the news. Nothing new on the job front. As for the bad reference guy, a letter is in the works to send him that will provide the basis for a possible suing, with the help of a lawyer friend from church. Have a good day!