Wednesday, November 10, 2004

So little time...

One of these days I'm going to be able to post daily so that I won't have to do these short updating lists.

- Went on a church women's retreat this weekend and it was a very healing experience. I had a great time, even though I was the youngest person there and the next to youngest was still 20 years older than me.

- At the same time, DH went on Cursillo, which is a tremendous religious experience of a retreat. He came back smiling and with a new spiritual presence, and a new view of his faith. It's wonderful, and I hope he keeps it up.

-DH still unemployed, but applying at places and being househusband.

-My boss is still making me feel super stupid and worthless, I had an emergency therapy session yesterday and basically my therapist said that I need to stop hiding in my "cave" (I spend a lot of time sleeping in my room after work and on days off and weekends) and need to do something like window shop or anything outside of that room after work...and that again, my meds aren't working. I see my doc tomorrow morning.

-I'm getting eyeglasses! Spent an hour yesterday trying on every pair in the store with a poor saleslady and DH who tried to make me giggle. Got a good deal - 50% off - and today after work I'm picking up my glasses, so I will officially be a nerd!

-When I got back from therapy yesterday I had two messages from people in Virginia. One is with the Division of Child Support Enforcement in Manassas, and I have yet to be able to reach that lady again; and the other is with the College of Science and Humanities at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond. I had a phone interview w/them this morning for an Office Assistant position. I think it was crap b/c all the lady did was spout off questions from a list, say "great!" and ask the next question. Never asked if I had any questions and never told me about the job. So I bet that's a loser job opp. Oh well.