Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I am Super-Woman

I can do this.

This morning whilst driving to work, I began to think how quickly time passes by, and how most of the time I don't feel like I'm on a diet (except when I'm craving chocolate or actually eating my 2 oz meat portion).

I can do this. A month can pass, and I might (crossing fingers here) be 25 lbs lighter. I lost 10 in one week, it could happen... right?

It's not so bad at all, I should've thought of this years ago. I don't even want all that junk I'm missing.

Then I came to a stoplight on LSU campus... next to a McDonald's and memories of the McGriddle came rushing to my head. I could taste the gooey maple syrup that's cooked in, mixed with the greasy sausage that it's wrapped around... mmmm McGriddle. I thought that I could get away with just having one, it's not a big deal really. Just one breakfast. Just one freakin breakfast on just one freakin' morning.

I can do it.

Then that dayum conscience kicked in and whispered to me, "Remember last year when you thought you could just have one and it turned into a weekly ritual?" Ah, yes, those were the days. McDonald's for breakfast on Monday, Jack in the Box for lunch on Wednesday, and Wendy's for supper on Friday. Sigh... those were the days.

But I got past it, the light turned green, I didn't even reach for my purse to see how much cash I had on me. I drove straight ahead and didn't look back.

I am Super Woman.

Those peppermint candies don't count right? It's just a breath freshener after all... right? Sigh...