Wednesday, March 03, 2004

To bathe or not to bathe

Can skinny people really fit into those bathtubs comfortably? Is it really possible to be able to enjoy and soak in a puddle of water that just covers the top of your legs? Why do we still put up with these tiny bathtubs as the norm?

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks the standard sized bathtub is ridiculously small. I tried to take a bath last night, in order to relax, and it was near impossible. Us big girls just can't expect to enjoy a regular bathtub. It's hard enough to tell how much water we should put in it, hardly any for me, since as soon as I get in, the water goes OUT. There isn't any room for moving around to wash, there isn't enough water or room to actually soak, and it's hard to stay warm when half the body isn't even touching the water.

My parents have it made. They have the huge jacuzzi bath that could accommodate washing a great dane. Hubby and I can both fit in there comfortably, probably along with the great dane (not recommended). But those tubs aren't cheap, and don't come standard with any house (except for double-wide trailers for some reason, which may become my next house). Is this another ploy to keep the fat (wo)man down? Keep us stinky just in case we ever manage to look cute, so that we will definitely be looked down upon.

Are bathtub makers really this evil, or just all anorexics trying to make a living?