Wednesday, February 18, 2004

BACK

Back from Mississippi. Sis still in hospital, looks like she isn't going to die, but she isn't getting any better, and will remain in hospital.

Traveling and dieting don't go hand in hand. Hubby and I first ruined the diet by stopping off at Krystal (there aren't any in Louisiana, we have to take advantage when we can!) then Cresta (sis) had tons of chocolate in her room... we did good, but those hospital vending machines are just dying to pull us down. I haven't had those creme filled cupcakes in forever, yummy!

Then... (gee thanks Bernie!) we went to Waffle House this morning for breakfast. It never tasted so good before. My coffee cup didn't have someone else's lipstick on it, the waitress only forgot to bring me extra coffee once, and my hashbrowns didn't have anyone else's hair in it. It was perfect. So perfect that now I'm feeling the urge to go back and have a grilled cheese. It was hubby's first Waffle House experience. He thinks it's "all right" (Which from a british man can mean anything from "shite" to "the dog's bollocks" (really good).

I had a first today too... It was the first time I've ever been in the Waffle House during broad daylight. How strange to be there during regular eating hours. It wasn't like the twilight zone, it's a daylight place too. Go figure.

Feeling tired, exhausted and drained. Back to work tomorrow (blah). Take care everyone,