Sunday, February 08, 2004

A New Leaf

Really... Tomorrow is the beginning a brand new leaf. I WILL stick to this diet, and have another big week of losing more than five pounds (or two, I'd be happy with TWO!). I learned this past week, not to expect to lose weight after coming off of a lost ten pounds week (still have to congratulate myself on that week since I have nothing to say yay for on this past week).

Some useful diet advice for those who cheat:

It's okay to cheat, as long as you...

Just have that one bag of m&m's... and not just one bag, once a day.
-Correct yourself, when you go into Wendy's thinking "chili and salad" yet saying "number one with a coke please"... correct yourself and say "oops, I meant low fat chili and a garden salad"
-Those Subway wraps ARE good... but not for every single meal.
-double your meat portion once a week, instead of once a day... especially if it's steak.
-don't count a Wendy's burger as a 4 oz meat portion with 1/2 cup of carb
-only order one McDonald's McGriddle, the asparagus you brought for lunch isn't THAT bad

Really... I WILL do better. I'm so glad the past week is over, I just want to forget it ever happened. I did so well, but my body can't stand to see me succeed. It just HAD to beg for those m&m's at the office (oh, and those other things too). I'll just take one tiny little memory with me, from this past week of "consumed foods to forget"....

Those donuts at church were DAMN good.