Friday, February 13, 2004

Just Flush It

Came into work this morning and B was in the hallway trying to get everyone to eat her husband's cake.

"Here just try a piece, it's SO good!"

I noticed she didn't have a bite of it. Her husband apparently makes the same cake most Fridays and she brings it to work to push onto us. It's overly sweet, made of canned biscuits with some type of coconut jelly and hershey's chocolate kisses put in the center of each biscuit, as if they were cake nipples.

It's not my sick mind that sees it, everyone does.

"Oh, yummy! Janet Jackson cake!"

See? Boob cake. I tried to eat some of it last time, and my mistake was to talk to folks in the hallway with a stryofoam plate of the cake in my hand. I had to eat it b/c she was looking at me. I couldn't throw it away in front of her.

This time I went into my office and started getting things ready for the day, avoiding the hallway altogether. B came in with a plate of cake and a plastic fork.

"I'm on a diet, I can't."

"Do you REALLY stick to your diet?" Ugh... she got me. I glanced at the pile of Valentine's candy placed on my desk by skinny co-workers out to get me. I noticed a bag of red and white m&ms sitting on the bottom. Mmm.. m&ms.

"Well... "

"It's dietetic, just drink a lot of water, flush it right down." She put the cake on my desk and walked away.

Flush it... wow, that was a great idea. I took the cake, ate the Hershey's kiss off of the top of the biscuit, and took one bite...

and I flushed it, the cake went spiraling right down the toilet. Thanks B for the tip. I'll have a piece of that cake every Friday.