Thursday, March 04, 2004

Where did he come from?

I realized yesterday just how incredibly lucky I am in the husband department.

I came home from work to find that hubby had half a day off and spent it napping. I was just about to mention some laundry he could have done, when I noticed that the dirty towels from the bathroom floor were washed, dried, folded AND put up in their proper cabinet. I'm at a loss for words. I didn't know men could do this. Hubby surprises me often with his cleaning prowess, but normally if he puts towels in the washer, I dry them and fold them, or vice versa. I was gobsmacked.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to make such a big deal and embarrass him so that it may never happen again, yet I wanted to make him feel thanked enough that he will do it again, so he'll know that it never goes unnoticed when he helps out like that. So I smothered him with thank yous and kisses, and he ignored me while he played with his other girlfriend (the guitar).

Men really are from mars, but I'm glad I got the one I did.