Thursday, April 29, 2004

Unemployed Husbands

Priorities: Computer games, sleep, hold contempt for wife who makes you drive her to work in the morning. Drive slowly so that she'll be late, and drive so fast she drops her stomach when she asks to speed up. Stay mature. Allow laundry pile to rise as far as the ceiling until doing laundry. Avoid filling out anymore job applications or applying for better jobs than the one you might have in two weeks.

Okay, I understand that he needs a vacation, and this is it for him. I just need a place to vent so that I don't spend my day fretting over pissing him off b/c I woke him up at 7am to drive me to work b/c I would be late if I had to do it and deal w/the parking garage people who still haven't issued me a parking pass. And it's gonna be a little difficult tomorrow when I won't have any clean drawers to wear. Sigh. It's also no fun when I come home from work and my quality time is watching him play a computer game. And people wonder why I haven't gotten him a Playstation2? We'd never be able to have a decent conversation ever again!

Bible Study is tonight. I need it to calm down and relax and remember to tell my DH that I still love him and still think he's the greatest. We're studying A Purpose Driven Life. So far I'm really enjoying it. But honestly it wouldn't matter what they studied, I'd still go b/c I like spending time w/the people there. It's fun and a great way to get rid of the week's anxieties. Too bad they're all at least 20 years older than Pete and I.