Friday, April 23, 2004

Baby Fever

The ladies at work got me today.

One of them has a sister who just had a baby. In fact, my mom was the baby's NICU nurse at the hospital and was the nurse who delivered the baby to the mother's room when it was ready to leave the NICU. Co-worker and sister brought the baby in today and took pictures of everyone holding it. I tried to hide in the background and was able to ooh and aah from a distance.

Until everyone noticed. They ganged up on me and made me hold this 8 pound month old baby. A little girl who smelled so precious of baby powder and yummy baby smells, sat in my arms and looked at me with her baby eyelashes, blonde-red hair and blue eyes. She had fingernails so tiny that Barbie couldn't wear them. She stretched and smiled (where they told me it was just gas) and slept in my arms.

I'm hooked. I want a baby.

The highlight of the meeting was when she stretched and smiled in another woman's arms and another co-worker said "oh look she's probably having a little poo."

Minutes later her diaper was changed.