Monday, April 19, 2004

A Real Date

Hubby took me on a real date tonight. Not that he paid, we got gift certificates from the Easter Bunny (you're never too old for easter pressies) to Olive Garden. Mmmm... Olive Garden. Pete has lasagna and I had the seafood alfredo. So good and filling that I could only eat about a quarter of it and boxed up the rest for lunch tomorrow. I've decided that I plan my meals with the next day's lunch in mind. I'm sick of waking up late and not having lunch already packed and ready to go to work w/me, then I'll be starving all day and have to resort to the snack machine before my blood sugar gets so low that I feel crappy and get dizzy. So tomorrow is a good lunch, yippee!

I decided tonight that we gotta get our boys out of Iraq. I just can't imagine having a husband over there for over a year, and being told that he'll be there another 120 days. We need to band together as a country, get our own asses over there, and nip this in the bud. Think about it. We have 290,342,554 +/- a few, people. Send all of us to take on the 24,683,313 people of Iraq. A few of us can take a person at a time and sort them out. Sorted.

Now that I've sorted out our world peace problem, I'll bid y'all goodnight. Work has been exhausting emotionally and physically, and I've barely had much time to myself in the past few weeks due to all that Pete and I do at our church. Not that I'm complaining, the church work is the most fulfilling. I just wish I didn't have that nasty little job to do from 8:00-4:30 every weekday. Pete has been exhausted as well with his job, he came home after dropping me off at work, and instead of napping for an hour before going to his job, he slept until 2pm. He must have needed it, so I'm glad he got his sleepeye.

Take care everyone, and pack your bags and AquaNet, b/c we're gonna nip this whole Iraq thing in a bud and get our boys home.