Sunday, April 11, 2004

You want some random thoughts?

The Brits get Easter Monday off work. Why can't we? Are we too proud of running ourselves into the ground by working that we can't give ourselves a deserved holiday? I need it, especially this one. I need the holiday.

I think I got a call tonight (not on the phone you sillies) to work for the church. As in, "Ashley, you're going to be poor, you're going to be tired, but you're going to be filled with joy because you're going to do my work." It was God. I don't know what it means, but it was an overwhelming feeling of decision. I am to work for the church, somehow, some way. I think my husband Pete got a similar call, but perhaps not as strong.

I'm a jealous wife. It's difficult. It's not that I don't trust the VERY loyal and loving husband, it's that I don't trust the American ladies who hit on him and pretend to want guitar lessons and let him know that they're willing to take him out since "your wife doesn't like to go out, still?". Look honey, he's mine and he will always be mine. That's what marriage means. Stop interfering and allow him to respect me and our marriage by not having your number in his cell phone. You never wanted to play the guitar until you met him and heard his accent. You want an English man? Go to England and find one yourself, but don't take his brother. Their mum would kill me.

I love my brats.