Thursday, March 25, 2004

I can't take Change.

Not that my world has been turned upside down, but possibly at a slight 45 degree angle. I don't want to make it sound that it's a terrible detriment on my life that this has happened, I've just learned that I shouldn't bank on anything when it comes to people and their relationships. Not everything is going to stay hunky-dory, I should've learned that when my sister divorced her husband of 7 years and I lost my favorite brother in law (ok so he was my only bro in law at the time) in the world. It all confuses me, and people confuse me even more. That's all I can say.

So, a little housekeeping. The England wedding has been canceled, barring a very bad april fool's joke, which means I need a new definite timeframe for my diet. I suppose hubby and I are still going to visit England around that time (or maybe when it is cheaper to fly), so I should stick to that timeframe, because it's never fun to go to England as the fat marshmallow. Anyway, I need to rewrite this page, icksnay (why do people say that? it's pig latin for sick) on the wedding, and yes to some other big deal to force me into dieting.

I've been also banking on going to visit friends in Virginia next week for a friend's wedding in Richmond, but Husband and I decided that it would be best to not go since we can't afford the desperately needed new tires on the truck, much less gas money, food and a place to stay. I'm really upset about not being able to go to Virginia this time. After college, the only place to see all of your friends in one place again is a wedding, and in one day I've had to scratch two off of my calendar. Slush, you have to get married now. I don't care if it's a one day marriage like Britney Spears, or even a fake Elvis wedding in Vegas, just do it and invite all my friends.

Perhaps it's time for Pete and I to seriously budget and plan for our own wedding blessing ceremony. We didn't have a wedding, but a small civil ceremony in England with huge plans to have a big party over in the States when we could afford it. That was two years ago, and we've yet to manage to make those plans other than knowing that we want it to be at this place. Hmmm, maybe it's time to invest into a piggy bank.