Tuesday, March 09, 2004

New Diet Plan

I've decided on a new plan for my diet. I took my truck (Chevy Silverado) in for an alignment, oil change and rotate and balance, something that was planned to cost around $80 or so w/a coupon I had, and felt good b/c I actually budgeted for it this time. I had saved the money, and didn't have to rely on a credit card to get something important done. I felt accomplished. I am independent woman who doesn't need greedy creditors, I am saving-money-woman.

The car tech called me back to inform me that my shocks were ka-put, and it was no use aligning the truck unless I put new shocks in it. That's okay, I had saved for that too. I had the money, I said go for it. It felt good. I almost got a shopping high off of taking care of my truck. Productive shopping, I like it.

Tech called again. No use rotating and balancing the tires, b/c I need three of them replaced. They're so worn that no machine could balance them. That's what happens when your shocks are ka-put, the truck is out of alignment, and you're driving on pot-hole ridden roads in Louisiana where the state money goes to pay for the incarceration of two former governors and insurance commissioners. New Tires? They must be insane. I just got new tires in August. Bright, shiny whitewalls with GoodYear written on them, I shopped in Wal-Mart for two hours while they put them on my Boudreaux (name of my truck).

New tires... sheesh. You think I can just send the bill to the State of Louisiana for keeping their roads in such horrid condition? I bet Jamaican taxi drivers wouldn't even want to drive on our roads. They're horrible. So that's my next paycheck... new tires. Now I remember why not everybody drives big pickup trucks... more fuel, more expensive tires, shocks more often....

So this is the new diet. Starve while I save money for new tires. Is that how skinny people do it? They just try to save money? Maybe I should've bought a Hummer to drive instead. I would've been skinny ages ago from saving the money just to purchase fuel to drive the thing to work.

Starvation Diet 2004 - The Search for New Tires... I like it. We'll see how it goes.