Monday, March 08, 2004

New Role Model?

I think I know where my womanly habits come from. My "Princess Aunt Sari" (she has dubbed herself this name, and I am Princess in Training niece Ashley, and Sari is actually Sarah but with a different spelling btw) wrote to me to say that she and her darling husband went out clothes shopping on Sunday...

"We had gone shopping to buy much needed clothing and came home with a new Subaru Outback. I love the car, hate having a car payment. I still need clothes, but guess I will have to do without, not that I will be running around "nekkid" mind you, just the same old stuff. Love, Sari"

Note to self: Go shopping with Princess Aunt Sari more often.

She also told me that her and DH (Dear Hubby) are on the Atkins diet again. They made a special Atkins devil's food cake using the Atkins flour and sugar substitute, supposedly chocolate in flavor. It tasted so horrible that they rummaged through the kitchen until they found a can of vanilla icing and put that on top of the cake, which made it slightly better. They added more icing, until the layer of icing was almost as thick as the layer of cake, and it seemed to taste "just fine" then. She wrote this about it:

"A chocolate cake has never lasted so long in our house, yet a week later it was still sitting in the cake cover, half eaten. We decided to finish off the icing and throw it out. Who needs Atkins when you have Betty Crocker?"

Sometimes I feel like I'm her secret daughter, raised by her sister until Montel decides to take us on the show for it all to be revealed. The way she goes shopping, I don't mind. I am a "princess-in-training" after all.