Thursday, March 18, 2004

Inspiration

Maybe that's what I lack, because I find it dayum difficult to stick to this diet. Mind you, I have a visitor over, but she's on a diet as well, and being very good at it even though she's on holiday... so that's no excuse. I need organization, I should prepare my foods ahead of time so that I can't use that as a reason to eat something unhealthy. Time... where is the time shop? I need to buy some time.

Or I could just bust every mirror I have. I was feeling great about myself, gave myself a "you're beautiful" pep talk, was feeling comfortable in fancy clothing... then took a side glance at myself in a mirror and noticed that I take up the space of three skinny people. Ugh.

We went to the St. Paddy's Parade in New Orleans last night. It took forever to move along, but we had a great time once it was there. A lot of it involves men walking around (and a few women) wearing tuxedos or kilts and passing out flowers, beads, pins, garters, etc to the ladies (and the women would give these to the men). The catch is that when they give you one, you kiss each other on the cheek. I had a grand time feeling great about myself when I received some flowers, beads, doubloons and a pin... then I realized that most of the men who had given me these things were older men... but the young handsome lads were going straight for the pretty skinny blondes next to me, who held a dozen more flowers than me. Sigh...

Then I look at my husband, who is exactly what I have longed for most of my life anyhow, and I feel better. Those skinny blondes don't have him, he chose me. I think he needs his eyes checked, but he chose me and has stuck to me for the past five years that we've known each other. That makes me feel pretty darn incredible.

But I still want more flowers...