Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I dunno what to say

I'm just posting for the sake of posting. Not really anything to say other than gripes. My boss, after begging me to stay, is now back into criticism 401. She loves to criticise and she loves to do it in her condescending manner. It doesn't help that everything that happens this week is against me. I try harder and the harder I fall. Where oh where is my last job with that promise of coming back to life? I can't be a secretary, it's just not in my blood. Not that I'm too proud to do chores for people, it's that I'm too lazy. Secretaries work harder than the bosses. Their job is easier b/c they have "admin assistants" to do the dirty work for them. My boss is the type who, when she learns of a new skill I have, decides to bring me yet another task that she used to do on her own, and let me have it. And because she is the boss of all the little departments within our big department, I get to do the stuff that the secretaries under the managers under my boss are unqualified to do. Next time I'll just work slower and keep my mouth shut. The higher my tasks go, the more difficult it gets to swallow the low salary.

Speaking of low salary, it looks like hubby and I will be living with the parents for a long time. We looked at apartment prices in Baton Rouge. Not pretty. I don't understand how couples with jobs like my hubby and I can live on their own. After paying for all types of insurance, car note, health bills and groceries, there isn't anything left for rent, much less utilities. How do people do it? How do they do it AND have kids? I just don't get it.

To sum up my week without getting into gory details - overwhelming. That's all I can say. I hope everyone is having a better week than me.