Wednesday, April 21, 2004

How Honest Should we be?

Since I fried our router last night, Pete and I went to Circuit City to get another one. We had gift certificates and with the extra money we picked up a DVD of Coupling, season 2. When we got to the counter, the price seemed really cheap, as if they forgot to scan the DVD. So I asked, "Is this the total amount for both the router AND the DVD?"

The guy said yes.

So, Pete picked up a game, SimCity, which was on sale by the counter and it happened to be half price. So we left with Coupling, the router, and SimCity, with a few dollars left to spare on our gift cards.

I got back in the truck and noticed on the receipt that they in fact did NOT charge me for the Coupling DVD.

So what would you do? Take it back and pay for it or return it? Keep it and figure you gave them their chance?