Sunday, May 09, 2004

I'm trading my sorrows,
I'm trading my shame,
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord!

Okay, a little off the wall I suppose, but I've not only been on a church retreat this weekend, DH and I also went to visit two other churches - very singy and raise your hands in praise types of churches where we got to clap and dance and feel damn good about it. We have a lot of blessings in our lives right now and no one can make us feel bad about being grateful for them.

So, I'm back. It was a great weekend, very emotional for us and others. Also fun when some folks decided to make an impromptu bonfire and everyone sat around and told stories about their families and also released a lot of anxieties about them and their problems. Our priest, who wasn't supposed to make it in time for the retreat b/c of bad flight scheduling with the Navy's people (he was away at military training, he's a Navy Chaplain as well), showed up at midnight-ish and scared us all with a booming voice behind us "you all should be in bed!"

I also learned a lot about patience when dealing with people who wish to ignore how to do things correctly. Since I've been to this kind of retreat before, and am one of the leaders on this program, I offered my advice on how things should go. They ignored me and after they messed up, would go back to how I and DH advised. Oh well. When you're the youngest in a group of leaders, you'll get stepped on.

Having said that it was still a relaxing weekend. DH had some trouble within, and spent time in nature shouting at God to work it out. That's right folks, you can mad at Him too, He doesn't mind, as long as you're talking to Him. The place was beautiful, and we might go back on our own some weekend just to get away from it all. The only problem was that all rooms have VERY single twin beds. But we also had a pull out couch and slept on that instead. Cheeky people trying to keep us from abstaining I guess, but can't we even cuddle and sleep in the same bed?!?

I had a little incident with a spider as well, but an empty trashcan thrown on top of it in the bathtub works well as a spider deterrent. Little bugger couldn't get out until the cleaning people came along. Mwahahahahaha. Serves it right for sitting on the toilet when I needed to pee!

Pete starts his job tomorrow. He's going in to their office in New Orleans to sort out details and schedule his insurance class. A couple from our church $300 for the class. They also asked us to housesit for them this week, from Tuesday to Sunday. They have a swimming pool, very nice house, and a very sweet and cute and cuddly Golden Retreiver puppy (well, 10 months old ish) who likes to go swimming as well. See how we're blessed? Part of a week away from the parents with our own place, dog and swimming pool. Can't wait.

Back to work tomorrow. That's one thing I don't like about retreats, is that when you go back to work on Monday, the super-high you're on comes crashing down quickly. I don't even think I have clean drawers to wear, off to check on the laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home