Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Someone gave me some alka-seltzer plus cold, it's got me so loopy that I might lie down on the floor underneath my desk and take a nap. I said I'd work half an hour late today but all I want to do is sleep.

Pete bought new tires today for the truck. Finally, our no-tread tires have been replaced, however, the entire cost - $630. Can you freakin' believe it? That's only four tires folks (unless he got the spare replaced as well, since we didn't have any good tires to replace the spare with). I told him to go to Wal-Mart where it'd probably be $150 cheaper but he went to Tire Kingdom. Men.

We're able to afford it b/c his mum sent us the money she was saving to give us for our wedding. The wedding we never had, and the wedding it looks like we'll never have. We never had a wedding. We want a wedding. We have it all planned out, but it'll cost about $18,000 if we have everything perfectly planned, so that's out of the question. The most important thing we want is to have it at Oak Alley Plantation. www.oakalleyplantation.com . We were going to have it on our first anniversary, then our second, and now our fourth, b/c I can't see having it on our third. We just want to throw a huge party, be married before God (ie, with the religious vows and stuff in there), exchange rings (never did that, never been able to afford rings), and I want to wear the dress, dammit. Since we're already married, we could have fun with it, like me riding up to the place not in a horse-drawn carriage, but on the back of a john deere tractor. Wouldn't that be sumpn? And I was going to wear white cowgirl boots w/my dress. Sigh... I'm sick that we have to spend Pete's mum's wedding money on tires and truck tag, but we have to. We just have to do it.

It's depressing, and I can't feel my lower jaw thanks to the Alka Seltzer cold plus. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home