Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Is No News Bad News?

Haven't heard from VCU (where I interviewed in Richmond) since I interviewed with them yesterday morning. I know that they called my office asking for references though. What would be taking them so long now? Perhaps they hired someone else and just mail out rejection letters to the rest. That sucks.

But, things are still in the works. Virginia Tech at the Falls Church campus (in the metro DC area) called today and scheduled a phone interview tomorrow in their college of engineering. This job is another administrative one but it entails a lot of marketing and communications work, which I think I might enjoy more than just clerical stuff...although I've already fallen in love with Richmond and the idea of living there. I even visited two churches with the thought of joining them someday.

I do have to say that it's great to see old friends again. Slush was a perfectly awesome hostess, along with her two kitties Misty and Mrs. Walker (who I nicknamed Precious and she comes to that name instead of her own now). And I just have to say that Slush just amazes me each time I spend time with her. She's so freakin' intelligent. Not just the book and school intelligence, but common sense and her intuition is amazingly on key. If Slush warns you of something, you better listen to her, b/c I have found that she is right 100% of the time. I'm blessed to have a Slush friend like her. I also would love to be able to live near her again, we could motivate each other into dieting and exercise and going to ww meetings and cook those healthy meals. When it's just DH and I, I usually give into DH's taste which is fish and chips or frozen pizza and oven fries...instead of cooking something a little healthier b/c I'm tired after a day's work. Living with or near Slush would be better motivation for me.

Also met up with Tammie, long lost college roommate of 3 years, and we ate dinner last night at Olive Garden in Alexandria. It's good to catch up with her b/c out of all of my college friends, Tammie knows me best, and I just don't have to explain things to her. I can just tell her what's going on and she knows how I feel about it. She's also the reason I didn't smoke more than I did in college.

Back to work now. I don't know what to think about not hearing from VCU yet, and having another interview with Tech... I'd like the Tech job but in Richmond, which is impossible. We'll see. I have some praying to do and listening.