Friday, March 16, 2007

Big stupid grins

This morning was full of baby and toddler pictures. One of my mommy friends showed me some of her children sleeping and playing, and ex-little-boss who is in the cubicle over <--------- there showed me pictures of her brand new grandson, born a week ago today. So cute. I don't know if I ever went so ga-ga over pictures of people's children/grandchildren; but now, I just adore looking at these pictures, that remind me of my own son, and how special each child is to their loved ones. Then I get a big stupid grin on my face for most of the day.

You know that grin, the goofy one that you forget is on your face but other people notice it and wonder what on earth are you smiling about? The one that, while you walk down the hall and do that "okay look down, look down... look down... okay look up, now look down... look down.." thing when you pass someone in the hallway and notice their frown... then all of a sudden you feel a little embarrassed that you're wearing this silly stupid grin for no reason when obviously this (work) is a place to frown and look serious and important.

Yeah... that grin.

Yay for Friday, this weekend I'm going on the church women's retreat and cannot wait. Pretty much all of the ladies are older than me.. actually older than me with their own children either my age or only a few years younger - but they adore me and probably feel good that this 'young'n hip mama chick (ahem, me) wants to spend her weekend and time with them. Plus, K is coming too! I'm so excited to be able to share her with my church ladies and vice versa... also a little nervous. I hope she sees what I see in these ladies and loves them too. I know they'll love her, no doubt about that. Have a good weekend!