Tuesday, May 11, 2004

House-sitting

DH and I are going to house-sit tonight up until the end of the week for a couple from our church. They have a huge house and swimming pool, and all I want to do is play w/their Golden Retriever Maxie. It's weird to call her Maxie though b/c I wanna say Maxi-pad.

Back at the parents' house where we actually live, there are two Standard Poodles driving us crazy. I love them, but one is just coming into heat and the other has to howl and do the poodle mating call everytime she leaves his sight (like at 5am when my dad is walking her). I've been trying to convince my parents to get her fixed, b/c there are so many reasons not to breed her that I don't want to get into unless you have a knowledge of reputable breeding and Poodle health, but they're not listening to me. I'm seeing a tragedy occur right before my eyes. All b/c my dad wants her to have puppies. Everything the books and experts say, my parents are going against. It's frustrating. And I'm sick of Buddy howling at 5am.

We went to the couple's house that we're going to housesit last night and as they were showing us around and giving us the key DH turned to me and said, "we can be a normal married couple for a few days!".

You got that right. I'm grateful for what my parents are doing by allowing us to stay with them, but it's depressing to be this old, married for two years, and only having one single room as your own space as a couple.

I can't wait to get "home" tonight, play w/MaxiPad and cook my DH supper in a kitchen that doesn't have my mother the critic in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home