Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The Real World Sucketh

With Gas at $1.85 a gallon right now at the cheapest watered down gas station, it's impossible to live. We couldn't afford for DH to get to work this morning. We had just enough gas for me to get to work and him to go back to the house. We do have another car we could use, but I think it's tank is near empty. Plus it was torrential downpours and flash flooding this morning, no way were we gonna drive someone else's car in that for the first time. We had to change our route on the way also b/c streets were already flooded. At least the truck's tires keep it high off the ground. Someone from church called yesterday and asked if we needed any money to cover expenses for his new job. I turned him down but I wish I had thought of gas.

*Warning Jesus Talk next* -
The Lord provides, that's the truth. I hope DH can get the gas money from church person today. We were also worried about how I'd get to work Thurs and Fri b/c DH will have to be in New Orleans from 8-5 for licensing training. We arrived at the house that we're sitting yesterday afternoon and they had left keys to their car with a note to use it if needed. It's like they read my mind. First they offer money to pay for his training, then offer us a place to live to get away from parents and actually be on our own, they offer their food and order us to eat all of it, then they offer us their car while they're out of town. Thank you Jesus for Loyd and Jo and Mike (possible gas money source).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home