Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Edit - Thanks to Blogger, I wrote this last night but couldn't publish it until now...buggers!

Feliz Cumpleanos a mi!

That's right, it's my birthday! Or at least it will be if you read this on the 8th. 26 years young, and all of a sudden my co-workers who are twice my age are beginning to realize just HOW much younger I really am. Not sure what is planned for the birthday, but I'm starting the day out at my first psych eval with an overpriced but hopefully partially covered by insurance psychologist. Then it's off to work where my co-workers have asked me my favorite cakes and ice cream flavors, and home to where hopefully the 'rents will take DH and I out to dinner as they promised (anything can come up). Not expecting any big presents this year, as I haven't in past years, as family and DH are as broke as I am, and DH just had to borrow money off of me to put his bank account in the clear. Money is never a fun thing for us.

Apologies for not posting in a few days, one thing that happens with my depression is that I even block myself from doing the fun things, like writing on this thingy. Hopefully things will look up for me, as the doc put me on a new med again (Effexor XR) and showed me at my Friday appt that he's the best doc I've ever had.

I mentioned in passing to his nurse about being turned away twice from psychiatrists' offices recommended by him, and she immediately told the doc who immediately asked me a few questions about it, said, "Excuse me, I haven't yelled at anyone today yet," and went into the hallway where I could hear him on the phone bitching at both offices that they should never treat a new psych patient like that. He then came back, apologized for their behavior, said it was completely wrong, and offered to make an appt for me himself, if the out-of-insurance-network-psych that I scheduled myself gets too expensive.

My doctor is an ass-kicker. I like it. Things are looking up.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!!