Monday, October 11, 2004

Where's my powerball?

Didn't win the powerball Saturday. In fact, I've never won, not even a measly $3 or so. Why not? I'm a good person, I need the money, where's my bloomin' luck?!?! I've been playing it lately even without greediness. I didn't wish for the 171 million jackpot, but just for the $5,000 winnings, to get 4 numbers. I figured out that if we just had $5,000, we could go ahead and move to VA and start our lives over, and it'd give us a little cushion while we looked for jobs. I'm convinced that I won't be able to get a job in VA unless I live there already. Why else would they reject me before the interview? They can't see my size, my CV kicks booty, and I've got cool stuff to put in the cover letter. I'm thinkin' that they just don't want to deal with someone out of state. Bastards.

Even though the powerball is back down to $10million, I think I'll continue playing. Someday I might win $100 or something when I really need it. I feel like that's how it works. Right? Or do I need to seek out Gambler's Anonymous?

DH has a new enthusiasm about his insurance job. He sold two policies last week (well, one really b/c the other one can't pay until next month), and thinks that he should stick with it. No progress on the second job, the reason this time is that he doesn't want to work in the restaurant business. So I'm helping look for part-time jobs out there with flexible schedules that aren't in restaurants (???). I should just go and get one myself, but what is stopping me is principle. Why do I have to be the first one to do it? I feel like it's just wrong for me to work 2 jobs when DH hardly works one for less than 30 hours a week, and makes no money out of it. I hope that things will change, he'll start selling more, and I won't have all the pressure on me to pay the bills and save up for his christmas plane ticket home.

Before I let you go, I just want to clarify that no matter how much I may vent about DH, I still honestly think that I got the best catch of them all. He's a hardworker when it comes to our relationship, and I can't say that I have a better best friend. Yesterday while I whined and moaned ill in bed with flu, he did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, laundry room, and did some tidying in our room, on top of going to church to help with the ministry that I'm supposed to be leading. So don't think I've married a lazy loser at all. The little vents I do about him are pretty much all anyone could stir up negative about him. That's a good thing, b/c I could find tons more on other people's husbands. I've got the biggest blessing of them all with having him as my husband, and I thank God every day for him.