Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Wow so busy this morning. Just wanted to say um,

I had a phone interview this morning with Virginia Tech's college of engineering which is on the Falls Church, VA campus (DC Metro area). That job has marketing and cool stuff involved that I'd love to do. The interview went so well that they immediately called back and are having me fly out on Monday (they're paying!) for an in person interview.

Right after that, VCU in Richmond called and offered me the job. I told them about the interview Monday and that I would get back to them as soon as possible.

Now I have an almost dilemma!

VCU job - More clerical than anything, it's an office assistant position, pays more than what I make here in Baton Rouge but not much more and the cost of living is more.

VT at DC job - Clerical ish in some ways but involves marketing to recruit students from corporations and such to take part-time engineering classes, has only 400 students as opposed to the 6,000 in that one college of VCU. At VCU I can take 2 undergrad courses for free or 1 grad course. At VT I can take 2 grad courses for free and their school of educational leadership which is where I want to go to grad school is AT their Falls church campus. And of course they should offer more than the Richmond job b/c it costs more to live there... we'll see.

So yeah, that's the news.