Monday, April 25, 2005

I love Slush

In my e-mail this morning -

"and when the hell are you guys gonna register for baby fixin's so I can spend my damn money???

I mean, really Ash. SHAMEFUL. They take kids away from parents who don't shamelessly use them for personal profit.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!!"

Everybody has that friend who they just have to keep close to them for their sanity and entertainment, and Slush is one of mine. Right now she's really the only one since I've been too lazy to stay in contact with the others (childhood best friend, college roommate who has seen my cats more recently than seeing me, and high school best friend who still lives in Japan w/her Air force family). Slush is the only friend who sent Pete and I a wedding present, and has already sent us a baby gift (a memory book that made me cry when I opened it). She remembers birthdays and anniversaries, gave me the advice about bankruptcy, has a Dad who is local that I want to adopt since mine is so far away, a brother who calls himself Bubba, and is going to be a kick-ass rich attorney someday who will handle our friend's divorces from pilots and my trial when I strangle my psychiatrist for taking me off of my anti-depressants.

Slush, you're awesome. I'm glad that you're starting to realize it too, b/c we've known forever.