Monday, May 17, 2004

I'm scared of coffee

Even though I love coffee, it scares me. I have to prepare before I drink a cup, making sure there is a bathroom nearby, as coffee seems to be a system cleanser for me, if you will. But that's not why it scares me.

It's hot! I realize that it should be hot and it is made with hot water near boiling. What I don't understand is how some people can take a sip of coffee immediately after it being poured or served. Are they crazy?!? Don't they know it's burning their tongue?!? Is my tongue over-sensitive? Does it burn too easily? I can't drink tea or coffee until it cools down a little. Otherwise I'll have a blistery burnt tongue for the rest of the day while I suck in ice cubes.

I forgot about coffee being hot the other day. A co-worker made a pot in their office and poured me a cup. As we talked about the day, everyone took a sip, so I did as well, forgetting my coffee fear. OW! When it touches your tongue and reminds you, it's too late. You can't spit it out or you'll burn the rest of your mouth, you have to swallow it in order to get rid of it the quickest way. I spent the rest of the day eating ice cubes and sulking in my little office, at how coffee only burns my tongue.

Am I weird?

Actually, I should rephrase that. Does coffee/tea burn your tongue too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home