Friday, October 15, 2004

Letting myself down easy...

Haven't heard from Radford today, and I take that as a not so good sign. Perhaps they found some candidates who are better qualified. Of course I say it's fair enough, I'd rather have a job that is fitting for me, but dammit I wanted that one!

The air is cleared though. I gave my graduate school/career aspirations spill to boss this morning and she took it well. She said she was happy for me, that it was obvious in the beginning that I was so overqualified for this job that I wouldn't stay long, and she is happy for me to move along in my career, blah blah blah...while at the same time I could see some mixed emotions in her face. Probably happiness at the help of getting rid of me, and pain in that she has to find a new peon to criticize. 'Tis life, but I ain't leaving yet.

I think I just may have gotten my hopes up. It was the first time someone actually called for an interview out of the 50 or so positions that I had applied for in Virginia, and they seemed interested in when I could move up there, etc. I was one of the first phone interviews for them though, so it's probably easy to forget me and move on to someone else. Maybe I'll send a box of beignet mix along with my thank you card. Hmmmm...sounds like a good idea, you think?

I had the most fun at work today. I got to design and make some business cards b/c my boss wanted to give some as a gift to one of her employees who is leaving to take a promotion in another division. Everyone oohed and aahed at my creative skills and asked me to make them some. I actually got to use a non-clerical skill, that was exciting.

Back to work. Our family calendar says that mum-in-law's birthday was yesterday, but DH swears up and down that it's not until the 18th. So Sue, if we've forgotten it yesterday, I sincerely apologize...it's Pete's fault!!! And Happy Birthday, late or early.