Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Notice

To all women who have been pregnant before:

It is in the best interest of your physical health to NOT tell me that you weren't sick at all and had no problems during your pregnancy. If you do, please duck quickly to miss the back of my hand hitting your face.

Thank you.



And second notice -

Dearest OLDest auntie Dalene:

Please refrain from telling me how my super-cousin's superwoman wife is starting law school while 5 months pregnant and taking care of renovating their second house and their 2 year old daughter. I'd rather not know, and rather not feel how much of a failure that makes me. Thanks for making a pregnant woman feel pathetic for feeling sick.


And to the rest of you - Please send lots of sympathy and understanding to my mind going crazy, my stomach not wanting to eat anything yet making me sick if I don't, and my body being so exhausted that I am winded and sore from carrying in a few groceries. And be extra sympathetic and understanding to how I can't sleep at night because I am never comfortable, and how my fingers are tingling nonstop (do not say it's just a pinched nerve, it's a pregnancy symptom, I read it!).

Do not proceed to tell me 'how odd' or 'really? when i was pregnant i was fine'. Or you will face the consequences.

Thank you.