Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Pregnancy Week 12

How little bird is growing:

Nail works. Last week nail beds formed at the tips of your little one's fingers and toes. This week, fingernails actually start to grow from those nail beds and will continue to grow until birth. Many babies are actually born with long fingernails that need to be trimmed soon after delivery.

Parts in place. The truly critical period for your little one's development is coming to a close. By the end of this week, the monumental task of growing new body structures will be complete. All the parts are there, from the pinky fingers to the little toes. Even the sex organs have developed, though it's too soon for an ultrasound to determine if you're carrying a girl or a boy.

Lights out. By this week, the eyelids have formed and will close. They'll remain fused together until late in your second trimester.

Measuring up. For the next 28 weeks, your little one's job is to keep growing and developing. This week your baby weighs 0.3 to 0.5 ounce and measures around 2.5 inches.


You just don't know how much I want to know right now if boy or girl. Although, DH and I seem to disagree mostly on baby names for girls. I've become very attached to my grandmother's name, but I'm afraid to say it in case anyone will shut it down. I think I'll keep it to myself for a while and then announce it once the baby is born. That way, nobody can look at a newborn baby and say "I don't like your name". Bwahahahaha, that's my evil plan.

As far as pregnancy goes, I've turned into such a pregnant bitch. Not to DH, but everyone else, especially my students at work. Don't feel sorry for them though, I should've been a b to them in the first place, but pre-pregnancy I was just too nice. Now, they're not bothering me as much. So there you go.

I fly to Baton Rouge tonight to visit my family and some friends and the SPoos for a week. I think DH will spend the time bonding w/his Playstation2. That's fine, he can play it all he wants while I'm gone, as long as he goes to work and showers when necessary.