Friday, May 20, 2005

Progress in a wet paper bag

I'm still spending my precious time occupying my anxiety with the tiny but there risk of taking an antidepressant while Pregnant.

I wish I had a better resource of health professionals to ask, but sadly I belong to an HMO where I get 30 seconds with each, and none of them want to say anything definite. Why leave something up to somebody who is NOT medically qualified? I don't mind making my own decision about natural birth vs. happy medicated birth, but I'm not informed enough or educated enough to make a decision about whether or not taking Zoloft will hurt my baby or worse, have the baby come out a little crazy, like me.

Also, as I am nearing the end of the first trimester, the more I worry that I've already lost my baby. No, I have no signs of miscarriage, but the nausea is letting up (don't get too excited, I mean that I can eat a piece of chocolate now and actually swallow without gagging). And I just have that feeling, that nothing alive is in my belly anymore. It worries me, but I won't be able to see an OB until the first week of June. It would serve me right, for telling people that I'm pregnant before I got out of the first trimester.

The progress though, is that I spoke to my old airline boss (TransCaribbean Airways- the airline that never flew). He claims that they actually will begin flying in August, with domestic flights (New Orleans to Nashville to include another region to have access to the islands) beginning in October. He wants me back as his executive assistant of marketing, in charge of Public Relations again, and he wants to hire Pete on the Freight side. Of course, he didn't say when, but asked when we were moving back to Baton Rouge and made promises like he wouldn't make me travel a lot with a baby at home, so he'd put me in charge of U.S. operations until I was ready to take on either the Islands, Spain or England (which would be years ahead anyway). It all sounds great, but ever since I first interviewed for that job, I've heard it all before. Flights will begin next month, blah blah blah. It never happened, and the aviation industry isn't picking up either. It was the only job I ever loved, and he was the best boss. So, fingers are crossed. It means we would move back to Baton Rouge, and probably for a longer time. The office will most likely be in New Orleans so eventually we'd move, maybe into our own house, closer to New Orleans - and in a few years, maybe back to England. We'll see. I've heard it all before, but this time I'm hoping he's right. I'm going to try to meet w/him when I go to Baton Rouge for a visit next week, and we can talk about it. Last time I spoke to him, he offered a pretty high salary, and he is the boss I would most rather have when pregnant or taking maternity leave. So, let's hope!

This weekend I'm having a girly window shopping day with Slush. Let's hope I have enough energy and don't wimp out on her.