Thursday, June 23, 2005

Week 16 Dr's appt

Just wanted to check in and say that although the Nurse Practitioner at my OB's office treats me like a hypochondriac, my appt went well. So well, that we were able to hear the heartbeat again. DH, who missed out on hearing the heartbeat last time, was in no way going to sit in the waiting room again while I get checked out. He sat right by while the NP poked and prodded, and I think he now has some respect for what women go through in their annual appts ;). He looked a bit perturbed at one point and asked, "Does that hurt?" Poor guy already seems to put so much guilt on himself for knocking me up whenever I have any sort of pregnancy pain or problem, I'm a little worried how he'll take Labor.

Anyway, the best part of the appt of course was the heartbeat, which at 150bpm, sounds just like a galloping horse with a few thuds (kicking baby) in between. According to the old wives' tale about heartbeats, this one is a boy. We'll see how true that is in 4 more weeks when we get the big ultrasound. What has made all of this pain so worth it now, is the look on DH's face when he got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. He is a very happy, very very proud Daddy which makes me a very happy Mom.

That's all for now unless you want to hear about tales of constipation, the return of morning sickness, daily migraines that are untreatable, or sciatica.