Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Everyone is Summer Lazy

Hi there,

I really don't have anything to report, this is more of a way to say that, things are still going on as normal. I haven't been finding out any good news about DH's visa, apparently the US Embassy in London and National Visa Center here in the States run slow during the summer holidays. It is definitely looking as though he won't be back for the baby's birth, unless they actually do see us as a special situation and expedite process. I've written congressmen, senators, the National Visa Center and the London Embassy. The only response I got was from the NVC saying that they did receive the file and it has not been reviewed yet.

Great.

It is looking as though we will need to break down and get an immigration attorney, one who specializes in marriage-based visas, since the majority down here only seem to specialize in work visas and asylum applications. That is going to cost a lot of money I'm guessing, which we're running out of quickly. So I'm not sure what to do but pray and hope.

I am also endangering the baby's health with my stress levels, but it isn't so bad yet that the doctor has put me on bed rest or anything. He just said we have to keep watching my blood pressure just in case. Normally I have very low blood pressure but it has been pretty high b/c of the stress.

Great.

Not all is horrible, the swimming pool is put in, and we've been able to swim almost daily. The workers come by every other day or so to finish a few things such as the waterfall and the landscaping around the pool, but I have been able to get some exercise and relaxation w/the pool already. It is nice on our extremely hot days which seem even hotter to a pregnant woman.

The cats are also adjusting well. They still seem very attached to DH and I, and hardly leave our area of the house. They were supposed to return to being outdoor cats like the rest of the cats here, but thankfully my parents have been nice and have let them live indoors as they aren't causing any trouble and have proven that they don't destroy carpets or pee on things other than a kittybox and they don't spray or mark their territory. I think they're going to go a little crazy w/out DH though, they love to be stroked and held all the time, and I can only hold one cat at a time. And they are especially attached to him.

I've been feeling really crap lately, as though I have the flu but I'm guessing it's just pregnancy stuff. Dizziness and Nausea have returned with a lot of sinus problems and migraines. It was so bad that I had to miss church on Sunday, which is something I hardly miss (this church at least) because I look forward all week to going. Thursday we're supposed to have another ultrasound to check on the baby's health, and next Friday (September 2) is another doctor's appointment to check my health as well as baby's. Then on the 8th is my 27th birthday and I'll cry at being so close to 30 I'm sure.

I guess that's all. It's very hot down here, the food is good, and the pets are great. I've been dream window shopping for the baby which is one of the few things that seems to cheer me up. We've got to figure out a way for someone to throw DH a baby shower in England, someone hint to someone!